Sunday, July 19, 2009

Funny thing happened!

Does Dave sound proud or what?!?
All,

I just wanted to share a funny thing that happened the other day. I
was working in my office when an acquaintance of mine walked up 
and talked to me. I knew there was something he wanted so I did the
small talk thing first. After that was over he asked me who that was
that had been standing alongside me at church last week. I said it
was my daughter Jacki and he said then the rumor was true. He went 
on to say that the choir 3-5 soldiers normally were losing two in 
the near future. He said that he heard her sing all the way up front
and that he was going to attempt to recruit her. For those that have
stood by Jacki at church your probably not surprised. Like my friend
said that day she can sure belt out a song.

So today we went and did breakfast when he came out to get her.
Church is held in a room off the mess hall. She thought she had to 
go to choir practice first. She was wrong, she sang today and it was 
awesome. I might be just a little predijests but her voice was 
definitely heard and sounded beautiful.


After last week it was so nice to have something to smile about.
Just do me a favor and keep the soldiers families in your prayers.

Love you all!

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Dave, I was so glad to hear that you were okay! I am sorry to hear about the lose of soldiers!
    Be safe and keep your head down!
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, I just commented on Jacki's blog and forgot to sign in as me if she's wondering who that was. Not much is new here for us. It hailed tonight and Kasha collected a bowl full of it to show me as I was at work. It was large pea size but she said some were marble size. It rained on the way into work and then again on the way home. Things have really greened up so looked great around here. I almost always hate telling you those things but I know you want to know about things close to home. Your blog always makes me cry or laugh. Thank you! Well take care of yourself and that fish girl of yours. See you soon (september? and yes we'd love to take you and Susan out when your home if you can tear yourselfs away from each other. Love ya - Kevin and Lisa

    ReplyDelete