Thursday, May 5, 2011

I CAN’T HELP IT! - 4 May 11

I know I promised to be better since my much discussed posting on 8 Apr 11 (Warning – Contents may be harmful to your health). Today I made it back to work after hurting my back last Saturday moving the grandkids 2 story playhouse. I’m still walking similar to the hunch back of Notre dame and someone in the warehouse wanted to know if I was smuggling a corn broom out of there. Why just today my little buddy Phil Moran came by and I actually thought he was standing a little taller. Found out later he had two pairs of boot inserts inside his combat boots.

The Medicine that I took sure made my morning commute more tolerable I even let an older couple pass me for the heck of it (JK). Actually the medicine that they had me on Saturday had me not so regular. Even though I urinated quite frequently I hadn’t gone to number 2 since Saturday. Keeping it short and sweet I have now officially joined the ranks of the pain peelers club. I don’t want to get into the details let’s just say I was so glad that number one stall was open although I may have bent the handicapped rails just a bit. I would be surprised if the cleaning lady stays on here though after her brush with hazardous fumes. Note to self “self maybe it wasn’t the brightest idea that you’ve ever had making your secret recipe chili last night”?

In all my years of back problems I have never felt so miserable and helpless. In less than two weeks my brother Doug and associates are helping me build a pole barn at our cabin up north. I am trying to be good and know that if I was at home I would be overdoing it. I promise that tonight at the cabin I will sit on my hands, take some medicine, and watch one of the two channels all while kicked back in my recliner hoping to get better soon. I just hope that tonight when I get to the cabin that Irving will recognize me. Speaking of Irving I may not recognize him if I forgot to water him last week when I left. I hope I find his leaves pressed against the window eagerly anticipating my arrival. Maybe, just maybe we will both need to recover together.

I hope that this posting finds you all healthy and that you protect your back at all costs. I was young and dumb at one time and thought I was invincible. Years later I find that there is no cure for stupid and wish that I had taken better care of my back. To those of you that asked me what I’m looking for today as I walked in hunched over let me just say it wasn’t the future. To those that made fun of my duck like walk just know that with a rifle I’m pretty good at shooting targets both in and outside of a arcade.

I pledge to you that I may be down right now but I will rise again. Today I’m the fire hydrant but tomorrow if I play my cards right I may be the big dog again.

That is all,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment