Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25 Mar 09 - It could be worse

Afternoon from Iraq,
The other day I was feeling sorry for myself when a friend of mine shared a message from home, the message said:
Benefit for a Soldier from 1/194. A 24 year old Iraq War Veteran from Pillager SPC Jimmy Pint, was diagnosed with mixed Oligoastrocytoma (incurable) Brain Cancer. He has two children one is 2 and the other was born on Mar 3, 2009. His mother just found out that she also has cancer.

If your interested in helping out donations may be sent to:

James Pint Benefit
Mid Minnesota Credit Unit
P.O. Box 2907
Baxter, MN 56425

Acct 63099

I don't normally promote this kind of thing but for most of us deployed this type of thing hits to close to home. Hearing about this my problems were quite minor compared to what this kid and his family is going through. He was operated on in January, they were not able to remove all of the cancer. Please keep him, his family, and all the soldiers and thier families in your thoughts and prayers.

It just goes to show that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. When I'm done playing in the sand box I'll be going back home. Jimmys life will be forever changed and his outcome is unknown.

Hopefully the next time I post I will be in my new digs at Basra, Iraq. I'm really going to miss my tent and my 29 roommates.

That is all,

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Dave,

    Our family sends thoughts and prayers your way on a daily basis. We read and enjoy both your's and Jacki's journal entries. You and your family have made many sacrifices and we are proud to call you family. Be Safe!

    Jimmy Pint has been added to our prayers.

    From one who knows: "CANCER SUCKS"

    Melanie, Tom, Travis and Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here, fighting the battle. Thank you all for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still here, fighting the battle. Thank you all for your support!

    ReplyDelete