Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12 Update on Dave

I just thought I would update on Dave. I talked to him Wednesday morning, and he thought they would be moving to their next location. He wasn't positive, but thought it was a good chance. They will be at this new location until the base is set up in Basra. (I'm sure I spelt that wrong but oh well.) He sounded good but bored. He is anxious to get started doing the job he is sent there to do. Kuwait was just a transitional spot. He did say he experienced his first sand storm. I said well we're having a snow storm here. He thought that sounded better. I'm hoping to hear from him tonight. We'll see. It depends on where he is in his travels.

Thankyou to everyone following our blog. Your comments make Daves day. Keep them coming. It makes him feel so much more connected.

I'll post when I hear from him. Untill then take care.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. It was nice talking with Susan yesterday. I was able to find out Dave's travels. Not exactly where he is at the moment, but at least some idea. With the time my husband spent away to Okinawa and a few other locations, I can relate a little. I know that this is a time when family and friends need each other the most. I really appreciate all the love and support Dave's family are being shown.
    Take care and be safe brother!
    Love you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that not only did they have a sand storm but it also started raining too. Chuck said that he had never seen it rain mud until now! Poor guys! But new experiences!
    Love to you all,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete