Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, March 8

Well I thought I would post and fill you in on what I've been up to. I have been keeping very busy, and spend a lot of time on the computer waiting to read Dave and Jacki's posts. That really is a highlight for me.

On the other hand what is not a highlight is Bella (our Labradoodle) came into womanhood if you get my drift. Do you know it last for 21 days?? We are on about day 14. Let me just say there is nothing like seeing a dog wear your granddaughters new training pants, with a hole cut for the tail. Needless to say I don't think Aubrey was impressed to give them up to Bella. Well just 7 more days to go.

On Saturday morning my mom arrived at our cabin to tell me Dave would be calling her house in 30 minutes. It was 8:00am and I was still in my PJ's. I was so excited I was ready to run out the door. I decided that maybe I should get dressed and put my jacket on. It was so good to talk to him. He was very tired and quite emotional. I know he will be fine, but it is very helpless on my end. All I can do is listen, but I can't fix, and that is very hard for me. I know that sleep deprivation does not help ones emotional status either. I am so happy he has the good friends he has there. I know everyone is going thru it, and its nice to know they are there for each other. On the upside text messaging has been very big for us. Its been a way for Dave and the kids to keep contact. Well Joshua figured out a way for us to send text to Dave's e-mail, and Dave to text us from his e-mail so I can still look forward to my little messages from Dave.

The kids are all doing great and are the best kids I could ask for. Joshua and I have been enjoying our time together and its really been great with him. He is really excited about Basic Training this summer. My mom and I are planning to go out and see him graduate. We are also planning to go to Arizona to see Jack graduate from her school. Thats in May, and I am hoping to make a couple trips to Chicago to see Darcie. So with everything I have planned hopfully the time will fly and Dave will be home. I hope the time goes as fast for him and all the soldiers on this deployment.

Well gotta go hopefully I will see or talk to some of you soon.
Susan

3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Your the best. If there was one good thing that came out of this deployment it would have to be not seeing Bella wearing Aubreys training pants.

    I love you always and forever!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i would like to see bella in bloomers... pictures, please. i'll take a laugh where i can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jacki on this one. I want to see Bella in her bloomers. Even more so I would like to see both Bella and Aubrey in their training pants! Have a great day momma talk to you soon!!

    Darc

    ReplyDelete