Saturday, February 21, 2009

21 Feb 09 - Happy Birthday

Good Morning from Dave's world,
I just wanted to post my blog this morning and say Happy Birthday to my daughter Darcie. It's hard to believe my first born is 25 today. It seems like only yesterday that she called me Dad, and that I changed her diapers. I knew getting up this morning that I wouldn't be there for her today. But the reality of being a soldier is that there are more birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and family reunions that are missed because of Army training. Looking back over the 25 years of Darcie's life Ive tried to be there and I know she understands that this is what I do. She knows in her heart that I'm there with her. And that tonight when she is celebrating I will be there with her in spirit until at least 10:00. (I'm a grandpa now)

Darcie I'm proud of you and the woman that you have become. I'm glad that you have a mix of both mom and dad, (lucky for you) that you got the best of both. You have your mothers smile and some of your dads sense of humor (lucky for them). Keep up the great work and live your life to the fullest. You have used the tools in your tool box (referenced in an early post)and are better because of it.

There is a sign at the PX that says something like "There is no need to preserve my body, I want to slide into heaven yelling what a ride". If you want the actual quote let me know but I'm sure you get the intent.

Happy birthday Darcie, enjoy your day!

That is all,

Dad

3 comments:

  1. Dear Dave:

    What a beautiful letter to your daughter. I'm sure she has tears like I do reading it. You are the very best.

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave - Sorry I haven't posted sooner - shame on me. I should be better at this now that I have set up my (again). I forgot my password and had to redo it. Not to much is new with us. It's cold and white again here. It was great having dinner with you and Susan before you left. Can't wait to plan our trip to Hawaii! That will not come soon enough. Wow Darcie is 25! Wow what an old lady.....oh thats me (and her Mom) I can remember Susan bringing her to visit me in Fergus when she was a baby. Then I moved to Cloquet. Got to know this VERY annoying boy that worked in the same mall as me, only he was in the grocery store. Glad I got to introduce you to Susan - it's like a Fairy tale - and they lived Happily Ever After. Well Dave take Care. I will continue to keep you, Susan, Jacki and the kids in my prayers along with all the men and women that are serving. BE SAFE! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, what a great dad you are!! Happy Belated Birthday to Darcie! Hope you are doing well!
    All our love from my family to yours!

    ReplyDelete