Tuesday, February 24, 2009

24 Feb 09 - 23 Days done and counting

Good evening from Dave's world,
Today was like yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. The only exception is that I now have 8 classes to take online. One of the classes (Personnel recovery and Code of Conduct Training) has been transferred to a CD because it takes over two hours to finish. Lucky for me I will have a majority of the classes done tonight. I still miss home as much as my first day here. But I'm thinking that me and my wife are getting into the rhythm of being separated. I call her every night or chat with her on Skype. Understand it's not the same but it's the best I can do given my present situation. Believe me when I say there isn't a moment that goes by that I don't wish I was home.

I know that with the support of my family and friends, Susan and the kids will get through this. As for me I will make it home and cherish my time with my family and friends more than ever before.

My daughter Jacki posted in her blog recently that mail call was her favorite time of day. I have to agree with her that getting a letter or package is definitely a moral booster. I received a package today from my daughter Darcie with my valentines card and peanut butter hearts. It made me smile all the way back to my office. If your thinking of sending me a letter don't. I'm leaving here in the next 7-10 days for greener pastures (Desert). I will post my new address as soon as I am able.

As far as the cribbage scores go the old dogs and young dogs are still tied. Last night in order to break the cycle we played two cribbage want a Be's. (The young pups were tired) Not only did we skunk the want a Be's, we won the next two games. Talk about raising our self esteem. For those of you that know me I handled the win graciously (Happy dance), as for MAJ Howe he did the happy dance as well. His moves were a little bit of Shreik, and some from John Travolta in the movie Saturday night fever. Susan and Sheri, it might be a good idea to line us up with some dance lessons when we return.

That is all,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment