Monday, February 9, 2009

9 Feb 09

Good Afternoon,
I just wanted to make a brief entry to say that the soldiers have a difficult job to do during the next year. However our job is easy when we compare our selves to our spouses who are left behind. Our spouses have to be both the Mom and the Dad, good cop and bad cop, and to keep the family on track. Our spouses are every thing from chief bottle washer, financial planner, and most importantly the light at the end of the tunnel.

I thank my lucky stars that when this is over my wife and family will be there when I get home. Never take what you have together for granted and never miss an opportunity to say I love you!

I love you Susan, and thanks for being by my side through the thick and thin.

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know I am so proud of you, and your family, our family. I've been reading your posts to the kids in the mornings. Reina points at your picture "Uncle Dave! Uncle Sue!" (I'm sure she'll figure that one out eventually) Riley wants to know why you have to be so far from your family. His eyes get big when I try to explain, then he wants me to zoom in on the bathroom pictures. Thank you for taking the time to type this blog, and for telling me where it is. Take Care I love you.
    --Moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, Thanks so much for posting a comment. I know it means so much to Dave. FYI, Jacki, has one too, Its www.jacki-crotteau.blogspot.com. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO!!!!

    MY FAMILY HAS "ADOPTED" JACKI THRU THE ADOPT-A-SOLDIER PROGRAM.. I AM HOWEVER, LOST ON WHICH WEBSITE TO FOLLOW HER COMPANY.. ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    THANKS SO MUCH!!! OUR FAMILY APPRECIATES YOURS SO VERY VERY MUCH!
    tina

    ReplyDelete