Thursday, February 26, 2009

26 Feb 09 - Ash Wednesday

Good evening,
I thought to myself during supper "Self you should post your Blog". Lately I have found myself talking to myself, thankfully not answering out loud. I'm sure those I'm with are thankful as well.

Last night we went to Ash Wednesday services, it wasn't bad. I'm sure most of us would have rather been at our own church back home. I guess the good news is that about 10 of the 30 guys in my section are Catholic. The better news is that we were all together to celebrate ash Wednesday. I'm not sure if it's Taboo or not to say what you gave up for lent. I'm going to tell you anyways, two of the three things I gave up are sex and beer. The other one is between me and the big guy. All kidding aside it was nice to be in church away from the madness of the office. I definitely need to start finding time in my schedule to attend regularly. The time during mass can be spent in quiet refection, remembering those we left behind, or the road ahead of us.

As far as cribbage goes the young pups were disciplined, last I checked they were back laying by their dishes. In fact the old dogs later went on to beat another cribbage want a be.

That is all for now,

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Dear Dave,
    Wrote once and it didn't post so will try again. Glad to hear you were able to make it to Ash Wednesday Services. You need to keep HIM by your side as you go this journey. You should be easier on the young pups. You know they can come up and bite you in the butt!! (Sounds like they almost did already) We had about 8-9 inches of snow yesterday. Got my driveway cleaned out and they cleaned the streets and road to Alex for me in time to make poker. Didn't do real well though. Got a 1st last Thursday and 3rd on Monday. So, that was fun. Take care
    Love
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I think it's pretty funny that we both gave up the same things for lent! Not that either of us have a choice!! I bet Madden did too!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave, Love reading your blogs. Passed it off to Kevin the last time to get him caught up also. Have to say thou, I love the image I get of Harry and Susan washing their hands in the mens room. Makes me smile all the time. Kevin and the boys blew out the drive way last night, I got out of helping somehow....bummer. I work at the nursing home Saturday to train in my replacement and then I'm done working there. Sunday I have wine making class. Kevin will be gone for the week with work so will try and get some things done. Well take care! Be Safe, Lisa

    ReplyDelete