Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 Feb 09 - Another day

Good morning from Dave's world,
I wanted to share my feelings with you this morning. I woke this morning like most others in my life. I shut off the alarm and wanted to snuggle with my wife. Unfortunately me and my twin vinyl covered mattress both know that she isn't there. In fact she won't be there for some time and I just have to deal with it. I miss the smell, and the noises that she makes while she is sleeping. If your reading this enjoy each and every opportunity to snuggle, kiss and say that you love her. I know that there won't be a morning that I will wake that I won't miss her. The most depressing thought is it will be a year before I can hold her in my arms again. Oh well life sucks and you deal with it, I guess.

On a happier note day one of fitted sheets went well. The sheet stayed on, the vinyl underneath will have to wait for the next victim. I know Mr. Vinyl Mattress is a far cry from my select number bed at home. I am starting to like the lack of support and the hammock like sleep that I'm getting. I should translate my sarcasm and say there is little if no support. Your bed gives in the middle so what your left with is your feet and head are above the rest of your body like your in a hammock.

I'm attaching some pictures of my new digs. Just promise me you won't rush off to the travel agent and book a flight here.













2 comments:

  1. Dave, I am so glad your posting on here, I can't tell you how much I look forward to read what you have to say. I miss you to. I miss not having you to warm my feet at night.

    Is that a hand washing trough in the background of the first picture? (Private Joke ask Dave)

    Miss you and talk to you tonight
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah mom... is it?

    if it makes you feel better dad, my bed also has vinal. and just springs. a nice bed of springs. and we were issued 2 white sheets also and 2 of the green wool ones... but neither of the green wool ones has probably been washed in this century nor is it even large enough to cover the bed.

    as always, i love you!

    <3 Fish.

    ReplyDelete