Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 1 Monday Feb. 2,2009

Today Dave left for Fort Lewis Washington. He will be there until the middle of March then he heads to Iraq. Needless to say it was very difficult to see him go. We have known for a year that this day was coming, but there is no way to prepare yourself when you have to walk away from your partner in life for a year. I just remember what my Aunt Irene told me, her husband passed away before Dave deployed to Kosovo, "at least he is able to come home" It sure put it in perspective for me. I just keep reminding myself of that. Thankfully we are and will be able to talk on the phone.

Got home from taking him to the airport, and started painting the downstairs bathroom that Dave redid before he left. Then took Bella to puppy agility. My goal is to stay so busy the time will fly before he's back.

Dave called on the way home, and we both said, we didn't realize how difficult this would be. It will get better as we adjust. All my kids have called to check in, and I have assured them that all is OK.

Thank you to all our friends and family for your support. It means so much. Till later.

2 comments:

  1. I have most eyes remembering the moment that my wife and son walked away from me at the airport.

    ReplyDelete